Cemcrete flooring installed by an experienced contractor can provide a new surface that will last for decades, especially when protected by a good-quality sealer. While Cemcrete floors are relatively easy to care for when compared with other types of flooring, they do require some maintenance. How much maintenance your floor will need largely depends on the amount of traffic it receives.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE TIPS
Here are some tips to make your Cemcrete floors as easy to maintain as possible:
- Sweep away dirt and debris daily. Remove spills immediately.
- For routine all-over cleaning, use a damp (not wet) mop with Cemcrete’s CreteCare Mop & Shine diluted with water. It is always deemed a good practice to change the water from room to room.
- For larger floors the use of a floor polisher, in conjunction with Cemcrete’s CreteCare Mop & Shine and/or CreteCare Polish, is preferable with the correct floor pads. Red - Mild scrub; White - Buff.
- Do not use harsh chemicals to clean your floor. No ammonia based products or bleach.
- Exterior floors require occasional pressure washing or scrubbing with a mild detergent.
- In areas of heavy traffic, such as entrances and foyers, reduce maintenance and wear and tear by using floor mats (no rubber backing), both inside and outside of the entryways.
- Felt pads should be affixed to all furnishings.
- Use Cemcrete’s CreteCare Polish to further protect the sealer. Every 6 months or so depending on wear and tear (interiors only).
We recommend resealing your Cemcrete floor to keep it protected. How often floors need to be resealed is dependent upon several factors; the type of sealer used and the amount of vehicle or foot traffic the floor is exposed to. If you have a high amount of foot traffic or perhaps severe weather conditions (for exterior floors), you may experience a shorter lifespan. Use Cemcrete’s Floor Polish Stripper before resealing. If you used polish on your floors, remove the layers of polish with Cemcrete’s Floor Polish Stripper and then apply polish again.
CreteCare Mop & Shine
Can be used as a wash as this low detergent will not damage the floor sealer, but will remove unwanted surface dirt and marks.
CreteCare Floor Polish
An easy to apply high gloss, hardwearing, protective floor care polish for concrete floors.
CreteCare Floor Polish Stripper
Can be used to remove the build-up of floor polish over time and give your floor a fresh, newly laid appeal.